Nutritional Therapy Consultation – What to Expect
Before your nutritional therapy consultation you will be sent a questionnaire to complete to give an overview of your current diet and key health concerns, as well as a 3 day food & symptom diary . These must be completed & returned to the clinic prior to your consultation. By providing this information prior to your consultation your therapist can prepare for your visit, making the most of your one-on-one time. All information provided is treated as strictly confidential.
The first consultation includes:
- A review of your health, diet and lifestyle.
- A comprehensive health history is taken.
- An explanation is provided as to the possible underlying causes of your health concern and the role nutrition can play.
- Based on all information received a nutrition & lifestyle plan will then be tailored specifically to you, based on your health, weight and fitness goals, nutrition & lifestyle needs, food preferences, time and money factors and motivation level.
- Support will be given on how to cook practical, tasty and wholesome meals and you’ll receive some handouts with recipes and meal plans.
- Where necessary or appropriate, laboratory tests will be organised by the therapist or the GP, to provide more specific information on your health status. Supplements may also be recommended, to help boost & rebalance nutrient levels, if necessary.
- While one consultation may be enough, a follow-up appointment of 30- 45 minutes is often recommended 4 to 6 weeks later to review progress and agree on any adjustments that need to be made. For more complex cases, more than 1 follow-up appointment maybe required.
To request an appointment click here
- Initial Consultation: 1 hr – 1hr 30min – €85
- Follow-up Consultation: 30-45min – €55
- Child Consultation: 1 hr – €70