Why Nutrition? What is Nutritional Therapy?
We are what we eat, digest and absorb, so it is important to provide your body with the foods it needs to be in optimum health.
Nutritional therapy is the application of nutritional science in the promotion of optimum health, peak performance and disease prevention. As a qualified nutritional therapist, Aoife’s work is focused on the unique nutritional needs of an individual. She practices functional medicine, a patient-centred approach based on the recognition of an individual’s biochemical uniqueness, addressing the whole person and not just a set of isolated symptoms. It takes into consideration the web-like connections of all bodily systems, with an emphasis on identifying the root cause of any health issues.
Nutritional therapy can also work alongside your GP and other health professionals.
Who can benefit from Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional therapy is suitable for everyone, young and old, and aims to empower you to take responsibility for your health whether a client has specific symptoms they want to address, or would just like to improve their overall health and feeling of wellbeing.
Nutritional therapy has been clinically proven to be beneficial for the following health conditions:
- Blood sugar imbalances – Type II diabetes, sugar cravings, and poor energy levels
- Bone and joint pain – arthritis, osteoporosis, and gout
- Cardiovascular problems – high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Digestive disorders – bloating, heartburn, constipation, IBS, IBD, Coeliac disease, and candida
- Female hormonal imbalances – PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, and infertility
- Poor immune function – recurring infections, asthma, hay fever, and sinusitis
- Weight challenges – underweight and overweight
- Skin disorders – eczema, psoriasis, and acne
- Food Intolerance & Allergies
Nutritional therapy can help promote;
- Heart & Cardiovascular Health
- Energy & Vitality
- Pregnancy & Fertility
- Hormone Health
- Healthy Digestion & absorption of nutrients
- Weight Loss
- Healthy Skin, Bones & Joints
Nutrition Services Offered at Aoife Miskella Nutrition Include:
- Nutritional Therapy
- Dietary Coaching
- Body Composition Analysis
- Food Intolerance Testing
- Functional/Diagnostic Testing